Pages

Monday, December 9, 2013

Review: Putting on the Spirit: Ten-Minute Devotions for Busy Moms by Katie Hornor



Does this quote ring true for you? Or make you stop and think?  If so, Putting On The Spirit may be just what you need!  Putting On The Spirit: Ten-Minute Devotions for Busy Moms is an ebook, that has short devotions for 28 days focusing on the Fruits of the Spirits.  

The quote above talks of us putting down our SuperMom capes and putting on the Spirit.  Katie speaks of the SuperMom cape throughout each days devotion. Taking off our capes of selfishness, ugliness, hatefulness - whatever cape you are struggling with -and  laying it down and taking a leap of faith to be a Spirit-filled hero for the Lord

This ebook worked perfect for me over these past few weeks.  I have downloaded it to my phone and am able to read it from there while I am in my Bible, making notes in there.  I am about 12 days into it and about to start on the topic of Gentleness.  I have been enjoying these daily devotions and am looking forward to the final day when she ties it all together.  Each morning, I have been getting up and actually having my quiet time before moving and trying to function.  Reading these devotions and making the notes in my Bible have really made me stop and think about things... making conscious decisions to choose these fruits and follow God's direction.

There is a workbook that goes along with this that once you purchase the book, it is available to you for free. The workbook looks nice, and leaves room for tons of writing - however, as I have mentioned before, I prefer to write in my Bible.  I didn't use the workbook, I did write as much as I could in the margins of my Bible.  I love having all of these notes in my Bible as reading through it.  



You can learn more about Katie by following her ~ Her Blog, FB Blog,  & Twitter

This week only!!  Putting on the Spirit (English version) will be offered for free on Monday and Tuesday (12/9-10) and then for 99cents on Wed-Fri (12/11-13).

After purchasing the book, you can go HERE to Katie's site, Paradise Praises, and download the workbook.

Available in Spanish for the Kindle for 99cents.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by ~ and a bigger thanks for leaving me a message!